Pages

Monday, October 8, 2007

Some people have been blessed with children that can fall asleep anywhere, doing anything, at any time.... I am not one of those people. It takes a carefully planned evening, including, but not limited to, a warm bath, quiet play, a story, and the better part of an hour trying to convince my boys that falling asleep is a good idea. So imagine my surprise when I look over at Parker who was eating his afternoon snack to find this...

The poor little guy was so tired that he just fell asleep while eating his banana. This is honestly the first time that this has ever happened and so naturally I am in shock, not to mention slightly amused. He has been sleeping for about 20 minutes, and as much as I want him to sleep, I also know if I don't get him up soon the above mentioned routine will be extended by about an hour... ugggghhh what's a mom to do? :)

3 comments:

Stefanie H said...

Oh how cute haha. Parkers so sweet!

Lacey Freeman said...

haha. sounds about the same as chase. he will not just fall asleep anytime, anywhere. it has to be well planned and takes a lot of convincing, or it's a screaming fight. it's nice to know that there are other kids like chase. =) too funny.

Dave and Jayme Richards said...

Such a tender picture of little Parker. I still am waiting for that day when Lyvie falls asleep just anywhere. ha