Pages

Saturday, September 1, 2007

Impressive and Delicious

After seeing Jennifer's post about the pinwheels I knew that my kids would think that they were great, and so I decided to try them out for myself. Carsen stood on a chair next to me while I spread the cream cheese, sprinkled on the shredded cheese, and placed the turkey over the spinach tortilla. He watched closely as I rolled it up tightly and as I began cutting his eyes got big and he turned to me and said, " That's very impressive mom." Of course this just melts my heart and I told him thank you! It only got better when a few minutes later as he was enjoying this "impressive" cuisine he looks up at me and says, " Mom this is so delicious!" He is such a funny boy and I am always looking forward to what he is going to say next! I can't believe that he is going to be 3 next month! Today we are taking him on an early birthday outing to see Playhouse Disney Live. I promise I will post pictures as soon as possible!






Parker was also very excited earlier this week when Grandma Wight gave him his very own silky blanket! I have to confess that I sleep with a soft satin-like quilt that my grandma made, and I have passed the love of this heavenly material onto my boys. Carsen has had his own blanket for years now and the pictures just don't show how excited Parker was to receive one of his very own!

8 comments:

danakat said...

Looks yummy...and impressive.
So how come you didn't share with the rest of us, huh?

kg said...

ok, I'm really going to have to try this now..even if Grant won't eat it..I will!!

Stefanie H said...

That Does look good! I saw those on Jen's blog too and thought they looked good! I'm going to try them for sure! Aw Porky looks so cute on his new blanket!

Anonymous said...

Ooooo..YUM! I've been thinking up new pinwheel inventions....yours look delish! And yea for silky blankies!!! Mine was yellow but the silky part was only around the edge....I had it til I was 8 and slept with it every night.

danakat said...

I tagged you! Go to my blog to see...

Lisha said...

Carsen is so darn cute with his big words and phrases!

Lisa said...

Wow! I am impressed! Carter is probably totally bored with the snacks in nursery with yummy treats at home!!:}

I found you through Dana...she's quite the blogger!!:}:}

Mandi said...

He's really not too picky about what he eats, but I'm sure you knew that.... I heard about him eating chalk and paper in nursery yesterday... sorry :)