Pages

Friday, June 19, 2009

Fabulous Finds

Or not so fabulous at the moment, but will be in the near future. I have been inspired by several blogs I have stumbled across to take thrift store, garage sale, and found(that's a nice way of saying I found it on the side of the road) items, and make them into things that I love without paying oodles of money. Yesterday Jessica and I hit the thrift stores, and I have to say that I wasn't dissapointed. So here today I share with you the treasures from our hunt...

This is a great little grouping, I am really loving the white glass at the moment. I plan to put most of these pieces on a kitchen hutch my talented father-in-law is building me for Christmas. I am thinking of painting it a very light shade of baby blue and then roughing it up... Ooooh I can't wait:)

Total paid for all 4 pieces $3.50

I could NOT say no to this suitcase... Look at that great color! I have no idea what I am going to do with this, but for only $3.00 I had to bring it home.

And last but not least... I LOVE this chair. I am going to do a little work on it, mainly a little painting and replacing the seat. This was my most expensive peice of the day at $8.00.

I also pulled an UGLY brown, old, PLASTIC frame from the garage, an old one paned window, and two doors from a computer desk that I was throwing out, but sadly I forgot to take BEFORE pictures, but trust me, you will want to see the finished product.... they turned out FABULOUS!
So my total for the day was just under $15.00! Check back to see finished results. I only have the chair left, so it is looking like I might just get everything finished by today!

3 comments:

Stefanie H said...

which one yall go to? I've been dying to do that :) My grandma has some really old vintagey looking sitting chairs in her living room and i want them SOOO bad to re-upholster with a funky fabric! haha.. I wanna come over and use ur paint too!!!

Dave and Jayme Richards said...

I really wish we lived close by. You could teach me how to be crafty. I'm excited to see the finished products. =)

hope said...

That is awesome! I am pretty visual, but I have never been able to give furniture a makeover like that! I can't wait to see the finished products!