Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Happy 3rd Birthday!

(I am posting this a day early because tomorrow is Carsen's day and I won't have time for getting online to post!)



I can't believe that my baby is already three years old! I can't remember my life before he was born, and I can't imagine my life without him in it.

He is a curious and energetic little boy who has taught me more about patience than I ever wanted to know, along with many other things such as....
*tags on your clothing are offensive and MUST be removed before wearing
*toe fuzz is the enemy and must be picked out and examined as soon as it is discovered
*toy phones aren't nearly as cool as the real thing
*little ears are ALWAYS listening, even when you think they aren't
*little mouths are likely to repeat the things the little ears heard at inappropriate times
*public restrooms are much more fun to use than the one at home
*the true use of toilet paper is to be strung from one end of the house to another, or, if the amount is insufficient to complete this task, it should all be stuffed into the toilet at once.
*if in doubt of the safety of an activity, try it out on your little brother first
*you should absolutely under no circumstances sleep all night long, you might miss something interesting

And most of all from Carsen I have learned what it is like to love someone with absolutely all of your heart!




Younger Carsen


Younger and More recent-- as you can tell he has a favorite shirt

12 comments:

Stefanie H said...

How cute! Happy 3rd birthday buddy:) Even though I've known him since he was born, he just recently became my nephew and I love him even more now! What a smart, handsome, energetic boy!! :) U ure raise good boys, Mandi!

danakat said...

You're list is hysterical!! I think I'm jealous... :)

Happy Birthday to your guy!

Anonymous said...

Ha! Ha! Ha! You are SO funny!

Aunt Jayme said...

Tell Carsen Aunt Jayme says HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I wish we lived closer, but since we don't, thanks for the updates!! I look forward to reading them.....they make my day!!

Stefanie H said...

Hey Aunt Jayme!! :) Come check out my blog too ;) Miss y'all up in Idaho!

Lisa said...

What is a cutie pie!!

Happy Birthday!!

Anonymous said...

That was a fun read! Kids bring more laughter into our lives :) He's a cutie!

Dave and Jayme Richards said...

I cannot believe he is already 3! WOW! Time flies! Loved your list & blog! You are too funny!!! Happy Birthday Carsen! I bet he had an awesome day!
Love ya!

danakat said...

Update already! He's going to be 4 before you get around to it...
:)

Stefanie H said...

hahaha i agree with dana.. lets see some pics from the party and that cutie cake!! :)

Lisa said...

I'm with Dana and Stephanie!! UPDATE!!

Where were you wednesday? I looked for you at the library....I even went to the 9:30 one. JM said you joined her group, how do you like it??

Lisa said...

Okay, make that Stefanie!!