Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

{Another Project (or two) Down}

While checking out one of my new FAVORITE SITES (seriously you have GOT to check her out!) I came across something that I just had to have. I mean I just had to have it in a way that I started working on it right away, kind of had to have. She used a canvas to make hers, but since I didn't have a canvas, but I did have plenty of these old windows I pulled one of these beauties out. Next, I raided my scrap booking paper stash and went to work. And of course to finish it off I used vinyl lettering for the rules. I LOVE the way it turned out!! It adds the little bit of color that my kitchen so desperately needed. And maybe, just maybe, my boys will follow the rules. :)
Mod Podge is seriously my BEST FRIEND!!


And moving on to project number two... OK so actually this was project number one, I just got the pictures all jumbled up. :) Remember that skinny wall I told you about last week? This is the new and improved skinny wall! It is now home to my new cork/chalk board. Isn't it dreamy?
I forgot to take a picture before I loaded it up with calendars, notes from school and the festive corn on the cob artwork, but you get the idea. This was actually not too difficult to make, but I don't see myself doing another one anytime soon. :)


These little corner pieces are my FAVORITE part, I mean aside from having somewhere to hang all of our important reminders.



Ahhh a couple more projects down, only about an hundred more to go.

5 comments:

danakat said...

I LOVE THEM!!! I can't believe you've added TWO new things since I was just there! You're out of control good about finishing projects.
You know what this means, don't you? I'm coming over for a project day. Woo hOO!
Well...okay, maybe after we finish the ONGOING project first. yeah yeah yeah

Traci@ Beneath My Heart said...

Mandi,
Those are two awesome projects! I especially like the "rules" board. So creative and cute.
Great job!

Anonymous said...

WOw! You are on a roll! great job. I love all the colors in your rules hanging. Now you can pull some out in putting access. on your new hutch in there. Can't wait to see what you do with that! :)

shari said...

You are amazing! Great Job. Did you know we are V.T. companions now? I need to call you.

Jessica M said...

Completely adorable! I love them both! I think I need some... I should come join Dana on a project day!!