One of my favorite projects was framing my bathroom mirrors. Although I was able to cut the wood for all 4 mirrors I have only gotten around to installing the frame on 2 of them. I LOVE the results. While I don't have any before pictures you will have to take my word that it made a HUGE difference in the look of the bathrooms!
Here is our master bath mirror. I used a piece of thick moulding for this mirror to give it a clean and classic look. ( I wish I could say that the bathroom has stayed this clean, but sadly it doesn't look nearly this nice right now. :) )
Here is another of my favorite little projects from the summer. I had seen pillows similar to this in several different places, but the do-it-yourselfer in me wouldn't let me buy any of them. Instead I made a cover out of white material for a pillow that I already had and then I screen printed the number 5 on the front. In all this project cost me about $1.50 since I found the fabric in the clearance section at the store.
Now.... on to the UGLY. Trust me when I say that they don't come much uglier than this!! I found a set (that's right I bought TWO of these beasts!!) of these chairs on Craigslist for only $40.00. I naively thought that I would just bring them home and do a quick re upholstery job and I would have two great new chairs for my family room.... I quickly learned that whatever people are paid to reupholster furniture isn't nearly enough!! It is now three months later and I still haven't finished the first chair! It is very close though, and I have to say it is looking pretty great. I would feel some relief except it's ugly twin is still sitting downstairs waiting for me.

6 comments:
The frames look great! I have that on my to do list. I think it is number 50! lol Can't wait to see what you do with the "ugly" chairs.
On the upside, the frames look fab!!! Can't wait to see the chairs when finished!!
You're so creative! I will be excited to see them. Can we come visit you sometime next week? I'll call you.
Your first chair is looking AMAZING!! I'm so impressed...especially seeing it's ugly twin. Can't wait for you to finish it so everyone else can rave over your mad skillz!
Love your projects! The mirrors look fantastic (we've done the same thing in our master bath and I'm a huge fan). I've also seen the numbered pillows and they are so cute!! Love it. Can't wait to see what you do with the chairs.
Wow, those framed mirrors make a fabulous impact! I really like it.
Post a Comment