Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Six Years

Six years ago today I became a mom when our sweet little Carsen was born. I knew our lives were going to change, but I could never have imagined how much! The second I saw his squishy little baby face I was completely in love, and have been ever since. What a blessing he is to our family!!

At six years old Carsen-
  • Is LOVING his first year in elementary school. He says that his favorite parts are lunch time and riding the bus home. His teacher tells us that he is very well behaved, and that he asks her if he can read his books during rest time because he is too big to nap.
  • Enjoys swimming, and is pretty good at it! He is disappointed that it is now too cold to swim in the pool.
  • Looks forward to Saturday mornings when he gets to go and play soccer. Every time he scores a goal he gets this sweet shy smile on his face!
  • Gets nervous around new people and in new places. He says, "Mom, I just get so anxious." :)
  • Has been reading full books on his own for the past year. He can now keep up with me when I am reading them stories.
  • Knows the words Charles and I are spelling out. Yesterday we were talking about going to the M-O-V-I-E-S, and he looks at us and says, "the movies?!" Guess we have to be a little more careful around him.
  • Enjoys running! He participated in the Maverick Mile fundraiser at his school, and also the Autumn Chase Fun Run in Huntsville.
  • Is still the smallest in his class ( and usually the class below him).
  • Still likes to cuddle with his mom and dad.
  • Has decided who he is going to marry. (I think it's a kindergartner thing?)
  • LOVES Super Mario Brothers on his DS

He is such a smart, sweet little boy and we are so grateful he is ours!


5 comments:

Stefanie H said...

I think I have an aunty crush on him lol.

kg said...

Six already! He's too cute :)

hope said...

Happy Birthday Carsen!!! He is the most handsome 6-year-old I know!!

Quincy Sorensen said...

I love Stefanie's comment. Happy birthday to an adorable boy!

Sarah said...

Aww... how fun. Congrats, mom.